Find A RISE Roommate
Want to connect with your future RISE class and floormates and even possibly find a roommate? Well now's your chance! This link will take you to the closed "RISE Class of 2020" Facebook group where you will face your first task as a RISE student, to mingle with the other students!
Not only will this serve as somewhat of an icebreaker to most of you, but it will serve as a tool to find a roommate in the RISE program. If you find someone you would like to room with through this, or you already have a roommate that is also in RISE, that's perfect! If you have a roommate that is not in RISE, that's okay too! Just know that RISE students living with RISE roommates have priority for placement on the 2nd floor in Bailey.
Just to get things going, as your first assignment as a student in RISE, join the Facebook group and write a post to introduce yourself to the group. Here are some examples of things to say for each category:
- Early to bed, early to rise -- I start winding down early in the evening and I'm pretty energetic in the morning.
- Flexible -- My personal hours change depending on what's happening in my life.
- Night Owl -- I stay up late and sleep in often.
In-Room Study Habits
- Multitasker -- I like to have music or the television on all the time in my room or can talk on the phone while doing homework.
- Ambient Noise -- I don't mind some background noise in my room, but need to have fewer distractions to study effectively.
- Quiet -- I require quiet and no distractions in my room to really get stuff done.
- Don't Take Work Home -- I do my reading or homework at the lab, in the library, or in cafés, I try not to do homework in my room.
Socializing in the Halls
- Room is a Social Hub -- I enjoy people dropping by at all times.
- Room Use Varies -- I invite friends over but also need specified quiet time for studying.
- Room is a sanctuary -- I need to have privacy and personal space most of the time.
Approach to Cleanliness
- Messy -- I drop my stuff right where I'm standing and it stays there until I need it again.
- Casual -- My space is fairly clean with some clutter.
- Neat -- I am orderly, clean, and tidy.
- Card games